Thursday, November 18

Toddler-Hawk and Hair Bleaching...

I saw the super cute bun-hawk over at Adopt-a-Do probably about 2 years ago, but never have done it on my kids. This one started out as just a regular ponytail, but there were sections that weren't staying in place, so I decided to change it up a bit. Just three sections all lined up in a row make a cute little pony-hawk. (haha, pony hawk...like Tony Hawk...Okay, I'm a little sleep deprived this morning.) :)


This is what Maia does now when I want to take pictures of her hair. I have to sneak up on her now. :)



I had someone email asking about the "process" of dying my blue hair. So, here it is- (If you don't care at all, then don't read this part.) :) Now, I did this all myself, with the help of you-tube and a little internet research. Not the best idea, if you ask me, but it worked out. :)


1. Bleach out any of your natural color. (If you're already a light blond, you can skip this step) This was a hard one for me, knowing that I'd always have this blond spot on my head when the color fades. I used the Manic Panic "Flash Lightening" kit from Sally's. ($9) I made a mistake the first round and didn't leave the bleach on long enough, and my hair was still a bit golden when I took it off. Needless to say, the blue was not blue, but more of an ugly I-swam-in-the-water-too-long-green-blond. I repeated the bleaching the next day (not recommended, but I did it.) and left it on until my hair was practically white, and then the color turned out much nicer.


2. Blue- I used Manic Panic "After Midnight Blue." ($9) After researching quite a bit, this was the product that seemed to do the best. They have a ton of different colors, which will be fun when I tire of the blue. Maybe pink for V-day, Yellow for easter, etc? :) (just kidding, I wouldn't do that...)

I did use foils on each of the steps, which was a bit of a challenge. I had my sister come help with the second round only because I couldn't see the places on the back of my head that I had bleached first. I wouldn't really recommend doing it yourself if you can help it.

One thing that I couldn't find anywhere online was actually WHERE to place the streaks. So I just kind of played with my hair to get a feel of the places that I would want them to be. I ended up with two in the front, just a little back from the corner of my hairline, and two in the back, a few inches back and down from each ear.

Overall though, it wasn't too terrible of a process. It cost me about $20 instead of the $100+ they wanted at the salon. (Maybe $25 if you include the ruined towel that now has a big blue spot on it.) :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Barber scissors set and Vintage barber scissors. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...